Ceramic tile is a wonderful low maintenance addition to any household. Whether installing or maintaining ceramic tile there are some specific tools you will need.
When you are working with ceramic tile you will need to make sure you are prepared. For install of ceramic tile you will need:
• Carpenter Square (this is used as a straight edge squaring tool)
• Level (this will help you make a level work area)
• Tape Measure (use to make precise measurements)
• Notch Trowel (to spread the adhesive
• Chalk Line (use this to help guide while laying tile)
• 2 buckets (one for grout and one for adhesive)
• Tile Spacers (these are used for precise tile alignment)
• Scrub Pad (used to clean grout)
• Grout Float (this is used to apply the grout)
• Rubber Gloves
• Firm Sponge (this will not leave excess water)
• Mixed Bar (used to mix mortar)
• Tile Nippers (these are needed for harder graded tiles)
• Tile Cutter (this is used to cut angles as well as straight
• Rub Stone (this is used to smooth edges)
• Wet Saw
Maintaining Ceramic Tile
Once you have your tile completed you will need to maintain it. Ceramic tile requires very little maintenance to keep its luster. You need only keep it clean with a very light- non-acidic, non-abrasive cleaner which can be found at most home improvement stores.
Some people use simple warm water and a sponge. Remember not to scrub the tile surface, because this will cause erosion of the finish.
Whether you are putting ceramic tile on the floor, your counters, shower or a backsplash using the proper tools can make all the difference in the world with the final product.