Husqvarna chain saws are considered by many experts as one of the best brands of chainsaws in the world. They are used exclusively by forestry and loggers on the West Coast of the United States. Husqvarna has one the widest range of chain saws for both the professional and the homeowner. They are distinguished by their low weight and high power. A slim body, high center of gravity, low gyroscopic forces make this saw comfortable and easy to use.
Primitive Chain Saws
Early chain saws were clumsy and very large. They needed at least two people to operate. The first modern chain saw, one as we know it today was a Husqvarna chain saw manufactured in 1959. At this time chain saws were only used for cutting trees down. The de-limbing was done still by an axe.
In early 1960 the Husqvarna chain saw model 70 changed the forestry industry. It was so light and easy to use that it could be used for de-limbing also. But this also created some problems. Now loggers were using their chain saws longer each day. The vibrations caused by the bar and the engine caused circulation problems for the loggers and they were getting what was called “white finger”.
Husqvarna to the Rescue
In 1969, a Husqvarna saw was developed to address the increased problems with hand and finger circulation suffered by loggers. It was the model 180 and had lower vibration levels than any other saw.
1973 Husqvarna has another break thru for their chain saws. This was the model 140. It was smaller, handier, and lighter than any other. It was also the first chain saw ever with an automatic chain break.
Since those early days Husqvarna has made many breakthroughs in the chain saw industry. They have developed models for both professional and also occasional use. They developed a crankcase with a composite material for a lighter and handier chain saw. In 1983 they released a professional saw with plastic parts.
Some reasons to choose a Husqvarna chain saw?
* Air injection serves as a centrifugal air cleaning system. This promotes a longer time between filter cleanings, reduced wear and smoother operations.
* Start Smart uses a decompression button that makes starting easier with less wear on starting components.
* Uses a two mass principle where the handles are away from the engine and they use rubber mounts or steel springs.
* Cleaning is made easier by the use of a bayonet fitting that makes the air filter easy to remove.
* Side mounted chain tensioner: makes chain adjustments extremely quick and easy.
* Forged three piece crankshafts provide better durability even under the harshest working conditions.
* A transparent fuel tank that shows you when it is time to refuel.