Whether you own a business and want to be alerted to anyone trespassing on your property or you simply want to best security system possible in place to give you and your family peace of mind at home, wireless driveway alarms can give you what you need. In fact, wireless driveway alarms are perhaps the best starting point of a good security system because they make you aware of anyone straying onto your property. They are available for you to tap into 24 hours a day but before you do it is important to ask the right questions.
What Are Wireless Driveway Alarms?
Wireless driveway alarms are literally systems that will alert you should anyone come onto your driveway with a view to preventing crime. There is a huge range of systems on the market today with various features so it is difficult to describe a definitive system that you could use.
However, all wireless driveway alarms have several elements in common. They all have the ability to be used in conjunction with a combination of sensors and receivers that are designed to alert you to the presence of others in your driveway.
Although there are many wireless driveway alarms and systems around, you should invest in a high quality system rather than the cheap ones that can be found in retail superstores and on the Internet. You literally pay for what you get with this equipment and spending that little extra is worth it.
Installation of wireless driveway alarms is often relatively easy because all you have to do is follow the given instructions. For example, the instructions that come with all good wireless driveway alarms will tell you that they need to be mounted at between 2 to 3 feet off the ground and around 6 feet away from the area to be monitored in order to work at their most effective level. Before you can install a good system though, you should ask the following five questions so that you can choose the best one.
Five Essential Questions
The questions below will help you to find the best of the wireless driveway alarms for you:
1. How many sensors will you need? If you need a specific amount to cover a larger area then you will need to make sure that the wireless driveway alarms that you choose will support them.
2. Is there any interference around your home? Any large trees, walls and so on within your property limits then they may interfere with your system so you should assess them first.
3. What is the distance across which transmissions will need to be made? A good system will offer you a large distance across which transmissions can travel but you need to check that it covers the area before you purchase.
4. What potential threats do you want to detect? Some wireless driveway alarms are designed to identify cars and people but now animals of less than 40lbs in weight. You need to decide what you want to identify.
5. Will the alarm system work at night and in adverse weather? The system needs to be waterproof but you need to decide whether you want an all day every day system in place.
If you answer all of the above questions before you purchase your alarm system then you will find that you get exactly what you want and need in your wireless driveway alarms.